Body politics

The brain:
The human brain is endowed with logic,
intellect and the power of reasoning.
It is also said that it usually comes in conflict with the heart.

I AM MODI'S BRAIN
I am lodged inside the head of Narendra Modi,
the chief minister of Gujarat.
As a brain I have to quickly adjust to the soul of his personality.
To have a good brain you should be a vegetarian,
dream of Hindutva, keep Pakistanis always in sight,
wear khaki and eat sleep and drink saffron.
Frankly as Modi's brain I've had the time of my life
—it is rare for anyone to possess a brain
where only cold logic rules and the heart never comes in the way!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
The heart:
It is a 24-hour machine that pumps blood
and purifies it to be sent to other parts of the body.


I AM VAJPAYEE'S HEART
I am lodged in the body of a man
who to my mind should be a poet but has turned prime minister.
Atal Behari Vajpayee
always speaks from my corner
but since he has become ex-prime minister,
he is ruled more by the head.
He started trusting everyone, even General Musharraf,
but when he finally realized that he had been betrayed,
he distrusts his heart (me) totally.

I get most confused when he writes his musings.
A lot of it is from the heart but his head comes
in the way and controversial paragraphs are inserted that
confuse everyone, including himself.
Unruly lies the head that wears its heart on its sleeve.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
The hand:
Once the brain and heart give me a proper command,
I am at anyone's service.
In the early years of civilization,
the hands were the only tools of progress.
Now with robots and the culture of biting the hand that feeds,
my usefulness is being brought into question increasingly.

I AM GANGULY'S HANDS
My hand, particularly my wrist,
is known to respond to the needs of the moment
and has been responsible for all the
centuries Ganguly has under his belt.
Thanks to mixed messages,
my hand has now stopped working.
Critics are blaming his footwork, his hand and wrist movements.
It is sad to see that it was the same hand that was waving
his torn T-shirt when India won the Natwest series.
Ganguly's brain is blaming me but
I am so used to chasing any ball now.
Frankly my hands are actually beginning to enjoy giving
catching practice to the slip cordon!
Watch me in the World Cup 2011.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The feet:
The feet are where the body rests.
They are an extension of the leg and get support from the knees.


I AM TENDULKAR'S FEET
Of late, I get a sprain when you talk of any match.
My fans will understand.
This is because I get tired from running up
and down the studios for the Tendulkar show on ESPN
and the racing around that I have to do for my commercials.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Spine:
A critical part that keeps the body erect.

I AM THE NATION'S SPINE
Years and what seems like aeons ago,
a Congress party took on communalists frontally.
No one talked about a 'soft' Hindutva,
a prime minister decisively dared the seventh fleet of the US in '71,
a thoroughly discredited cricket team won the World Cup in '83.
I used to be that nation's spine.
Where am I?

0 Comments: